Thursday, July 17, 2008

The Muddy St. Joe

Nancy and I took a little trip to the St. Joe River. We put in at Hawley's Landing on Lake Chatcolet (sp?...please don't make me haul my ass up and check the spelling on a map). It was a wonderful way to spend the 15th year to the day that I went over to her house to watch a movie and we never watched the movie (it was Harold and Maude...I have since seen it about 100 times..."Do you think I'm wrong?"

We had a nice paddle across the lake and into the river. We got out on the narrow spit of land between the St. Joe and I think Round Lake and had a little picnic and a nap in the tall grass. Then we paddled upstream some more and cut over to Benewah lake, stopped on the shore for a swim, then paddled back to Hawley's Landing. Just a damn good day.

The wispy clouds across the lake

Our lunch spot

Nancy in the bow

My favorite roadside attraction. This was in Worley, Idaho.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

free counter
free counter