Thursday, September 11, 2008

Icicle Creek

I am WAY behind on my posting. Part of the problem is that I forgot the password to my computer and have to use the laptop which I hate using...long story...and part of it is that I have just been too damn busy.

A couple of weeks ago Nancy and I went camping for a couple of nights at Icicle Creek near Leavenworth, WA. It was a lovely cold, wet, windy weekend. We took Walter and...yes he is back...Elliot. Poor Elliot. He went to live with a new person about four months ago and even though the guy really tried, Elliot did not work out. He was terrified the entire time, was afraid of the other dogs, and spent most of his time hiding. So he came back. And even though he is sort of a freak, he is getting much better. I think part of it is that he just does not like men. Walter is teaching him the ropes though and taught him all about camping and sleeping in a tent and pooping on a leash and eating outdoors and lying by the fire.

So Elliot came back but Olive found her dream parents. I was prepared to keep Olive until the end of her time but we happened upon some folks who were all set up for a geriatric dog (they have ramps on all their steps and footstools up to their couch...they even have a webcam so they can watch the dogs while they are at work). It was too good to pass up and even though I miss her, I know she will live the rest of her life totally spoiled rotten.
So here are some pics of our trip to Icicle Creek...



Walter, Elliot (the white one), and Nancy (the human one)


Icicle Creek



Dry Falls on the way home

2 Comments:

Blogger Ellen said...

And just when are you going to blog that great trip to Glacier?

3:00 PM  
Blogger Kathy said...

Geez, give me a break! I just figured out how to get back on my own computer after I forgot my password. Need to hack? Ask a teenage boy!!!

8:14 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

free counter
free counter