Saturday, October 13, 2012

Prequel

Once again I have been behind on keeping track of my comings and goings.  The best thing is that I just got home from a fantastic vacation but before I post all of that crap I want to purge all the other stuff I have been doing in the past two months.

Jamie and Justin did a mt. bike packing trip to Upper Priest Lake and wanted a ride home.  I volunteered for the ride and then met them up there for a night first.  I took my canoe and portaged down to the thoroughfare instead of paddling around the breakwater.

View of the canoe on my head

Crazy kids

The lake was amazing...

Totally quiet and pristine...

Until this dick head landed his plane in the middle of the lake.

Bear print about 30 feet away from my tarp/tent.  So that is what the dog was barking at in the middle of the night...

Minimal approach

I joined some very old friends for a weekend up on the Kettle River.  This is my favorite beach.

Benita

Deb-bo

Olga

Athena

Dan-bo

Karyn

Walter and I spent 3 days up at Sullivan Lake after Labor day.  It was very quiet.  This plane crashed the night before but no one was hurt.  The pilot sort of missed the runway.


Took a hike around the lake (half of it was on the road but that was the only way to go around it)



Side trip to Gardner Cave but I did not go inside because the guide would not lake me take Walter

So Walter and I walked up a trail and walked in to Canada.  This is Walter looking for the mounties.

Ooops.

The border.  It is a swath about 40 feet wide that all the trees have been removed from.

Beautiful Pend Oreille River from behind Boundary Dam.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

free counter
free counter