Saturday, November 21, 2015

Samhain

Otis and I spent the end of the harvest season at an old favorite, Heyburn State Park.  I did not realize it but Walter and I were there a few years ago for the same holiday.  It rained like crazy, but after the dry summer we had we did not care.

We stayed warm and dry (sometimes I feel like such a sissy sleeping in a van but I do love it).

This is the first fire we had since June

Heyburn has a lot of trails and we went for several hikes.

The estuary on Plummer Creek is wonderful but we were awakened by the sound of duck hunters.



The clouds were hanging low.



After we got back from our first hike there were two guys at my campsite and one of them was looking in the van.  I was like "Hey, what the hell you doin'?" and puffing myself up.  They were old guys delivering a bag of candy.  They were nice and also invited me over for fajitas.  Unfortunately I had to decline both as they are detrimental to my health.  It was a great weekend.  We decided that we are going to go over next spring when the campground opens up again and hike in the fabulous flowers that cover Indian Cliff.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

free counter
free counter