Thursday, October 02, 2008

The Darker Side of Life

Well, it turns out that what is lurking in Nancy's sinus cavity is not a wad of snot, but rather some sort of polyp. The doctor let me look at it through the scope and it is nice and pink and healthy looking. I am not too worried about it. However, I am a bit concerned that the CAT scan was not completely accurate. It appeared to both the doctor and me that the marker was placed in the wrong spot. No lump at all showed up on the CAT scan. It should have. Nancy is having surgery next week to remove the polyp in her sinuses and the lump on her neck. This has brought up a lot of stuff, not least of which is my own struggle with PTSD. This has made me realize how tightly wound I normally am. I am back to adrenaline rushes when I hear the phone ring or a loud noise, something that plagued me for about a year and a half after Morgan died. I know, chances are it will be nothing. But it is hard to keep my head out of the dark place. Tough mental work. Sucks.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

free counter
free counter