Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Frolic in the Snow


My hiatus from the outdoors was too long!!! I believe in my last post over Thanksgiving I was planning on going to Montana for a day of snow shoeing, but I ended up having far too much guilt over studying. But today, I was able to get up to Mt. Spokane with my friend Stacia from school. It was a rather warm but very windy day and the clouds were really thick and wet. We strolled along the cross country ski trails and had lunch in the Nova Hut where we built a fire and dried out a bit. While we were there these two mature women showed up and we were talking and stuff. Cross country skiers are so friendly. The older of the two is 80 years old!!! Blew me away. She was so cute, too!!! A tiny little thing that came up to my shoulder. She took our picture on Stacia's camera. She and her friend were talking about coming up three days a week to ski. How cool is that?

I am currently back working at the nursing home during my school break. It has not been too bad. I am just working on call so never know when I am going to go in. There is just so much recreating that I want to do in life and I just don't have the time or the money to do it. I have not been downhill skiing yet but possibly next Friday I will go since I know for sure I will not be working Thursday night (the choir thing). My sister and I have already talked about a couple of outdoor things we would like to do together while I am in Illinois over the New Year's holiday. There is not a lot to do there as everything has generally been plowed into corn fields, but there are a couple of places we like.

So yeah, it was good to get out with Stacia and have some one-on-one time. I finally feel like I am emerging from my shell of hell and am starting to interact with more folks. I go to school with a really great group of people. It will be sad in June when our course classes are over and we all go our separate ways.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

free counter
free counter