Thursday, January 04, 2007

Still Stompin' Around

My sister and I took a wee little trip to the St. Louis area overnight to visit my niece, her husband, and three and a half year old son. I now have a new friend. I had a good time playing with Power Rangers and doing puzzles. On the way home we stopped by the Cuivre (pronounced "quiver") River State Park near Troy, Missouri and took a four mile hike around Lake Lincoln. I was quite impressed with the number and lengths of the trails at the park. Though the park is not part of the Ozarks, it appears that way. There are lots of hills and valleys and Ellen and I had fun saying the word "holler" as a geographical term. I would not mind doing some hiking in this park in the fall when the leaves are all changing color. We had Ellen's dog Bandit with us and I really missed Walter while we were hiking. So here are some of our pictures and then one of my visit to my grandparents.



1 Comments:

Blogger Ellen said...

I'm thinkin' I might delete that other comment??? That's a cute picture of Bandit.

6:14 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

free counter
free counter