Tuesday, January 01, 2008

A New Year

I started out the new year learning a great deal. One big thing I learned is that cell phones do not fare well in the washing machine, even if they are retrieved before the rinse cycle. Another thing I learned is how the cell phone people really screw you when you do happen to put the cell phone through the wash. I also learned that when it is someone else's cell phone it is even worse. I also learned about SIM cards and that if you dry them off quick enough they can be transferred into a $20 phone from KMart. But all is now well even though Nancy no longer has a flip phone with a camera and all the trick stuff. And I have been forgiven. As she said, it could have been worse; at least I did not go out and buy a Harley.

I spent the last few days of my holiday break luxuriating in solitude. I stayed up at Nancy's cabin for two nights and had a wonderful time all alone. I dug out her huge fire pit (the snow was about mid thigh level on me) and had a nice outdoor fire each night. I read a lot, watched old episodes of Law and Order on DVD, and tooled around on my cross country skis in the dark a couple of times. Unfortunately I was not able to take Walter with me. The neighbor has several dogs that are rather aggressive and I did not want to chance Walter getting in a fight with them. They were close to killing another dog a few days ago.

Before New Years I also went on a nice walk in the snow with my friend G. We went out to the Columbia Plateau Trail and walked from the Amber Lake trailhead. It was a really nice walk and gave us a chance to catch up on stuff. Now the break is almost over and it is back to my internship for two and a half weeks and looking for a job. I am sure I will find something soon.

The pictures are of my fire and a better picture of Mt. Spokane (the tall one) from Nancy's driveway. And I finally figured out how to turn the damn date thing off on the camera. Man, that has been bugging me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

free counter
free counter