Sunday, February 15, 2009

Delicious

In the past two weeks I have had a few wonderful days of cross country skiing. The weather has been perfect even when it hasn't really been that great. I have been going up to Mt. Spokane because there is a huge network of trails that receive regular grooming and fresh powder. A trail map with distances in kilometers can be found here... http://www.spokanenordic.org/pages/Downloads/map%20Junc%201%20final.pdf Last Thursday when I went I skied 10 miles. I was impressed with myself. I have been doing the arc trainer at the gym and I can sure tell a difference. I don't even have to crawl to my car after skiing that far! The picture above is from the Shadow Mountain trail. My new favorite trail is Silver. Last time I was there I went uphill one way on it and then turned around and went down for the ride. I also love the Quartz Mountain trail. Nice and long with great views in good weather. Two weeks ago when I was there the snow was sticking to the grip part of my skis really bad. I did not have any wax in my bag so I went into the Nova Hut, started a fire in the stove, picked candle wax out of the windows, and melted it on the stove on a metal trail sign that was in there. Then I quickly put it on my skis and rubbed it around really fast and hard with newspaper. It actually worked.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

free counter
free counter