Thursday, January 10, 2008

Welcome Home Walter

Walter came home this afternoon 24 hours sooner than I had expected. His activity needs to be very restricted for the next week or so and he needs very small amounts of food and water throughout the day to keep the staples in his stomach from coming out. And for the rest of his life he has to eat small amounts 3-4 times a day. Nancy picked him up while I was at work and he stood by the front door until I came home. Now he is in his chair in the living room. The boy has one hell of an incision. I have been feeling pretty freaked out about this whole thing. I was worrying last night about whether or not I am going to end up even more protective of him than I already am. Yeah, sometimes I can get pretty freaky with him. Like last year when those dogs came after him when we were hiking at Riverside State Park. I wanted to physically harm the owners of the dogs and had they been closer to me I am not sure if I could have restrained myself. And I have only really been in one fight in my life...Tina Beaston...7th grade...she kicked my ass at the bus stop. Ok, I am pretty much a sissy so I probably would not have done anything, but I sure felt like it!!!!

I am probably just gonna kick back and hang with Wally this weekend. He is going to get the prime spot in bed with me tonight, that is for sure. And maybe I will move his chair out by the fire. Yeah, I am pretty screwed up over this dog.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

free counter
free counter